Tuesday, January 22, 2008

wellll I guess I am going to Nigeria!

So after weeks of waiting and feeling awful about the situation in Kenya, the plans have changed. Kerry and I are now going to Nigeria! It is a big shift for us, but we are looking forward to exploring a new part of Africa for us. The Sisters of Notre Dame have never had volunteers in Nigeria before, but we will be living with the sisters there until we can find our own place. We will possibly be working in schools, but we really have no idea. We are going to be pioneering this program and getting it ready for a new wave of volunteers. I am very excited about this. I haven't been able to find much infor on Nigeria, but I know it going to be an amazing experience. I know some people are worried about the political situation in Nigeria, but the Sisters wouldn't send us somewhere if it wasn't safe. As was the reason we didn't go to Kenya.

So please keep up with all the love, support and prayers cause I am leaving on Febuary 5th!

peace.

1 comment:

cat said...

I'm sending you and Kerry a little something to Markland. Hopefully arrives before you leave! So excited to hear about the new adventure!